Mini LF boot up failing

General discussion
Taylor at Regent

Hi

About every 3 or 4 power cycles, my Mini LF hangs on start up. It displays a color chart in the view finder and the power button flashes. After a restart by holding power button for 5 sec. the camera powers on as normal. I have the latest firmware installed.
Any thoughts.
Thanks in advance

Taylor
Keidrych Wasley

I have had this issue also. I think it's only happened to me when there has been a card in the camera. Did you have a card in the camera when you booted, and also, did you by any chance have media on the card that was at a different sensor resolution to the one you were using when you booted the camera?
Taylor at Regent

Thanks for the reply. This happens to me during the course of a day when we need to change batteries, lunch break etc. Same card same project settings. Happens on batteries and/or power supply. I'm pretty sure it happens when there is no card in the camera as well. Strange as it seemed like it was not happening much for a while and now its back with regularity. It is an added stress to a shoot where not needed. Wondering if this is the time it won't boot at all. Hoping its a software fix.

Taylor
Jan Heugel

Dear Taylor,

or everybody who experiences that issue:
In order for us to find out what causes that behaviour please create logfiles right after the issue occurrs and send them to digitalworkflow@arri.de.

You are on SUP v6.0.22, right?

Cheers,
Jan
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer
Keidrych Wasley

Hi Jan,

I've been sending my log files to Richard Hester at Arri UK. Do you have any info on what could be causing this eg is it potentially hardware related? Having a camera that at times doesn't want to boot can be pretty stressful.
Taylor at Regent

Thanks Jan

Sending files to you now

Best

Taylor
rizarefaldi

any update about this? im getting this problem right now ukuran kertas a4
sathiyam144

Hi Everyone,

I am observing this issue as of now, and is there any work around or fix so far figured out? Existing users who observed this issue how you guys managed to resolve the issue?

Please kindly provide your valuable input to handle this situation. i know need to send it to ARRI service, before that i wanted to understand is tere any work around to manage current shoot.
Jan Heugel

Dear sathiyam144,
please get in touch with ARRI Service, as this issue might have different causes.
Send them your serial number and logfiles and see what they're saying. (=free pre-diagnostics ;)

Cheers,
Jan
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer
christkenddy

rizarefaldi wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:53 pm any update about this? im getting this problem right now
I hope you will get update soon by the devs, and I also posted a thread about Alexa mini and I hope I will get response's so soon from the community.

ADMIN EDIT: I doubt you haveing any problems since you added a spam link in you post; deleted.
ArianiMicci

Keidrych Wasley wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:32 am I have had this issue also. I think it's only happened to me when there has been a card in the camera. Did you have a card in the camera when you booted, and also, did you by any chance have media on the card that was at a different sensor resolution to the one you were using when you booted the camera?

For me it was exactly the same, but the problem resolved by itself.
Davidjoy

Taylor at Regent wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:08 am Hi

About every 3 or 4 power cycles, my Mini LF hangs on start up. It displays a color chart in the view finder and the power button flashes. After a restart by holding power button for 5 sec. the camera powers on as normal. I have the latest firmware installed.
Any thoughts.
Thanks in advance

Taylor
did you find a solution to this problem?
davidoleg

Davidjoy wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:16 am
Taylor at Regent wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:08 am Hi

About every 3 or 4 power cycles, my Mini LF hangs on start up. It displays a color chart in the view finder and the power button flashes. After a restart by holding power button for 5 sec. the camera powers on as normal. I have the latest firmware installed.battle royale shooter for ios
Any thoughts.
Thanks in advance

Taylor
did you find a solution to this problem?
it hard to say, but still we didn't find any solution to fix mini LF boot up failing.