WCU - 4 won't connect on Alexa Mini LF

General discussion
StefanMatic

Hello all,

I need assistance to finda a solution.
All four mini LF cameras and wcu-4 are on the last update. But I have strange problem with one camera, I tried four wcu-4 units to conect to camera but it won't.
It is in something like power on loop, all the time wcu is restarting it self. But when I try with others cameras like Alexa 35, and Alexa mini everything is OK.
Arri HI 5 working properly, only is problem with wcu-4.
I tried on every radio channel, change the region, factory reset on every unit and camera, update to latest firmware. I talked with other guys from the industry but they did not see this problem.
In the attachments I have upload the image

Thanks in advance.
Stefan
IMG_1229.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ARRI-ECS-Service-Team

Hi Stefan,

sorry for the late reply, you can also contact us at service@arri.de for fast response from our expert-team.

Usually this can happen if a corrupted LDA file is being used, or in some setups it can be caused by lenses using cooke/i protocol.
For inspection you can send us your LDA files via email for inspection.

As a workaround:
- if cooke/i protocol lens was used -disable Lens mount, use LDA file
- if LDA file was used, look in the camera menu - ECS - Lens table and remember which file caused the problem, then clear LDA file.
The fastest way is to create a new LDA file, then save and use it instead. You can send us the LDA file for analysis.

all the best
Tristan

Hello,

I have the same problem, with our Alexa Mini LF (all of them), WCU-4 (all of them too) and Zeiss Supreme Prime.
If I change only of the items of the configuration (like an Alexa 35, a SXU-1 or an Hi-5, or another optic like Cooke e/) it works perfectly.
All of the cameras and accessories are in the latest SUP.

Do you have any idea to fix that ?
Tristan.
ARRI-ECS-Service-Team

Hello Tristan,

this problem most likely occurs only with the combination of a corrupted LDA file and the WCU-4.
Delete and recreate your LDA file or use a workaround mentioned in the previous answer.

If the problem still persists after trying before mentioned solutions, please contact us directly at service@arri.de

all the best
ECS Service Team