Where do you see Arri progressing?

Post your questions, pictures or storys of ARRI's classic film cameras and accessories!
09jhoult

I am currently in my first year studying Digital Film Production at Ravensbourne, and was referred to this forum by Freddie Gaffney, our course leader in reference to my research project for this first term. The brief is to produce a presentation exploring an area of the film industry of our choice, and Freddie suggested that this may be of help.

My chosen area of the industry is the life of camera’s, particularly focussing on how the technology is progressing, and where it could be heading. It would be very beneficial to me if you would answer a few questions. If you find some time, it’d be great if you could target your responses towards the Arriflex brand itself.

Where do you think that Camera technology is heading within the next ten years, however extravagant it may seem?
Is 360 degree cinematography likely to be a continually reputable idea, or do you see it peaking in the near future?
What is Arriflex aiming to achieve in the future? Will there be new types of technology being released or purely development of current Arri products and new models?

Thankyou
Najat

Right now we re probably in a period of stagnation, just like with phone where apple feels it has to release a new model every year for the sake of appearing again, but does it really invent anything new? so arri goes from alexa to alexa mini, to even worse amira but hey you hear about it.
Jan Heugel

The AMIRA camera has been around since 2014, whereas the ALEXA Mini was released in 2015.
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer