Mini LF + Zeiss Supreme Prime + WCU4

General discussion
Ryan Roelants

Hello everyone,

I have a Mini LF + Zeiss Supreme Prime + WCU4 issue.
Cannot seem to get LDA focus or Iris scale display on my WCU4. Also unable select pre marked focus disks.
Both Mini LF, WCU4 & Supreme Prime are running the latest firmware. Lens mount is enabled in camera and selected to imperial, but still no LDA scale on WCU4.

Why is this?
Having to run custom lens map on WCU4 to get focus/Iris scale and the ability to change pre marked focus ring.

Any advice is welcome.

Kind Regards
Ryan
Sean Dooley

Hey Ryan,

Unfortunately this is a known issue with Zeiss and Cooke lenses. For the most part, they are using a version of the /i protocol that only supplies the position that the lens scale is currently in, not the whole scale. Without the rest of the values (basically an LDA table), we cannot work out how far you would have to turn the knob to reach the next mark, so the WCU-4/Hi-5 will only show you the current position.

As far as i know, both companies are aware of this and working on solutions. Cooke have added lens data tables to each lens from about the middle of last year, and older lenses can be sent to the factory for a firmware update. Last i had heard Zeiss are planning on releasing a firmware update for the lenses that does not require a trip to the factory, but i don't have any details on a timeline sorry.

For now you'll need to continue using lens data tables.
Sean Dooley
Product Marketing Manager
sdooley@arri.com.au
Ryan Roelants

Thank you very much Sean!