Hi5 and RED license doubt

General discussion
ttupra2

Hi, I have my Hi5 and I was thinking of buying the license to control my Komodo RED....
The doubt is if I need RIA or I could use my cforce RF with the CAM cable to Lemo 9 ext RED + Dtap

Currently I can give rec/stop without tally on the Hi5 and without any cam information,

With the license does the info and tally work or should I go through RIA?
ARRI-ECS-Service-Team

Hi,

To get tally feedback you need the license and required cable.

RIA-1 and cfocre-RF both can work with our Hi-5 third-party Licenses.
Please order and see currently supported features in our License-Shop: https://alshop.arri.de/catalog/ecs_licenses/hi5-red

The RED Camera Control License Key activates remote camera setup capabilities via Hi-5 hand unit for RED cameras.

Works with RIA-1 (SUP 1.0.0 or newer) and cforce mini RF (SUP 2.0.3 or newer). Please always use latest firmware for best performance.
Requires K2.0015758: Cable CAM (7p) – RED CTRL/D-Tap (0.6m/2ft).
Supports DSMC2 and DSMC3 (breakout box required) cameras.

Depending on the type of RED camera, the correct baud rate must be set in the camera menu:
RED camera model: baud rate:
DSMC2: Dragon / Gemini / Helium / Monstro 115200
DSMC3: Komodo, V-Raptor 460800

Cable required: ARRI Cable CAM (7p) - RED CTRL/D-Tap cable K2.0015758

Baud Rates: When using the V-Raptor, you must set the baud rate to 460800.
Otherwise, you might run into an issue where when you press the REC button, the EMIP signal drops off to zero, then reconnects to the motor and prompts you to re-calibrate your RF motor.

Set Camera Control: With DSCM you need to change the control option from Sync to GPIO to camera control on the RED 4-pin control port.

Note:
The RED CTRL connector of the RED Epic DSMC-2 and RED Weapon may not supply enough power
to run the camin and to drive three C-Force motors at the same time.
In this case, you may have to supply power from an additional power source through an unused LBUS connector in the daisy chain using e.g. K2.0006758 Cable LBUS to D-Tap 0.8m/2.6ft.

all the best