Alexa mini LF Cooke i lens data

General discussion
dbauch

I Have an Alexa mini, when I purchased a set of Cooke anamorphic i lenses, lens data popped up immediately. When enabled lens info SDI and EVF overlays, all relevant info was there.
I tested out an Alexa Mini LF, prior to ordering one and even with lens info overlays enabled on SDI and EVF, no I lens data info. The PL adaptor was in the correct position.

I was told by an arri rep that arri cameras never ship with other manufacturers lens tables. But if this is the case then how come my Alexa Mini was able to display the lens data?

How can I add the appropriate lens tables to an Alexa mini LF?

thanks
Jan Heugel

Dear Dominik,

the ARRI rep is right, we ship with lens tables for ARRI lenses preinstalled (plus some Zeiss CP, CP2, CZ and HS lenses), but this is not needed...

Generally speaking if the lens supports LDS1 or LDS2 it talks to the camera and supplies metadata which then populates the metadata channels and the data is being displayed.
The Mini LF works similar to Mini in that regard, and I guess this is what happened. I don't have Cook Anamorphics hat hand to test.

Did you in both times work with the same lenses with PL Mount?
Was the mount enabled on Mini LF (MENU > SYSTEM > Lens Mount Settings > Enable Lens Mount)?

----
edit: I asked a colleague at ARRI Rental (Thanks Luke!) to give both cameras as shot and see what the lenses do. Both cameras worked as expected and the Cooke Metadata came through.
----

Kind regards,
Jan
Jan Heugel
Application Engineer