Skypanel s60 -c low red

Justin

Hi I am using the Arri sky panel in mode 16. When I introduce 1/4 straw the red drops and the ra drops to high 80's and r9 red drops to 40% . if I introduce 1/2 cts the ra drops to 65%
And the r9 red disappears. Full cts ra drops to 31% and all spectrums are low some non existent. ???
If I manually add the cts gels e roscoe
The ra stays in the high 90% even the r9 reds up to fill cts stay above 90%

Why is this ??
Losing the red is not good for us filming.
Thanks
Justin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mike Wagner

Hi Justin,

Thank you for your post.

There is a few points to discuss on this topic.

1. I'm not sure how your color temperature meter was setup but our results for these colors differ slightly. For example, for Full CTS at 3200K base CCT, we measured a CRI of 51. But in general, color temperature meters are not the best way to evaluate an LED light source. The real proof is how the light looks on camera. Are you able to test this gel color on camera?

2. We get into a bit of color science here. In order to achieve the color of, for example, Full CTS we need to mix the LEDs in such a way that puts the color at very near the edge of the SkyPanel color gamut. The color temperature of Full CTS is approximately 2100K. The SkyPanel has been designed to create excellent color temperature rendition between 2800 and 10,000K. So warmer color temperatures might have lower color rendition. In addition, a color like Full CTS is not technically a color temperature, it becomes just a color. The SkyPanel is able to reproduce this color very accurately, but the color rendition might be lower than a color point inside the normal CCT range.

I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if you have further comments or questions.

- Mike Wagner
Senior Product Manager, Lighting